Sunday 10 August 2014

Beauty Blender | review

THE BEAUTY BLENDER £16.00



-if you haven’t heard of the beauty blender then, where have you been?

-if you haven’t been able to actually purchase one, then I understand: there is a LOT of scepticism around this expensive sponge tool thing….


The big question is: is it worth it?I’m not actually sure why this sponge is so expensive but it DOES make a world of a difference to your makeup. It’s basically a porous sponge that is meant to make blending foundations a lot easier and give an airbrushed finish. 


It says to wet the sponge when applying dry makeup to make the powder look less caked on and more natural on the skin. I wet the sponge even when applying liquid foundation, when I add water, the sponge expands to double it’s previous size. ITS CRAZY TALK!!!!…but yeah, pretty surprised when I first used it.

I find that using this sponge makes application so much easier but I find it uses more product, probably because it absorbs it as well. Another down side is that is INCREDIBLY hard to clean. When I bought this, I didn’t buy it with the solid cleanser it came with because I felt that it was unnecessary, but now I’m thinking I should go and buy it. Other than that, I don’t really know how else to clean it.

Are there any good suggestions as to how I should clean it?

In terms of high street “dupes”, I would say that this is definitely better than just the small white triangular shaped sponges that leave lines and edges in your makeup. I am, however, planning to test out some others: real techniques, models own and any more you want me try?

I’ll keep you updated if there are any advancements :)

Lots of Love,
Sophie
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment