Saturday 20 December 2014

A Festive Violet

As Christmas approaches, we all sit apprehensively by the windows, all waiting for some sign of a white christmas. But while hoping for snow is all very festive and puts everyone in high spirits: snow means ice and ice means it's too cold to even think about going outside.

Fortunately for us, this rather festive shade of purple defrosts our hands and adds a little Christmas-sy warmth to our grip around the eggnog. 
 Ladies and Gentlemen: Nails Inc. in Kensington High street £14 (I couldn't find the non-gel formula online)

This is a lovely deep pink/purple colour which is perfect for the winter holiday. I have and olive toned medium skin colour and the deep pinkish side really compliments a darker, warmer colour. I also think that this would look great on fair skin but probably towards the neutral-yellowy side of the spectrum.

As all Nail Inc. Nail polishes are, this is a great formula and hasn't chipped for me after  almost a week of wearing it. (This is using a Barry M top/base coat). Because the colour is so dark, I had to use two coats to even it out, but I think you could easily just do the one.

Oh, and mine has these purple rhinestones on-I don't really know why, I thought it might've been for better grip, in which case is a smart idea because the lid is quite wide, or maybe it's just to look nice. Hm well- what do you guys think?

Lots of Love,
Sophie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment