Friday 14 November 2014

How to Control Oily Skin: Tip #1


Hey everyone,

So I today, I wanted to address something that affects me, and probably many others.

I have very oily skin, especially on the forehead and t-zone (basically above your eyebrows and down your nose; the T shape down your face)

It becomes a problem because:

1. The oil clogs my pores which can result in many whiteheads appearing on the skin (basically small, colourless bumps on the skin) which are a pain to get rid of. And when you have oily skin, they are pretty much unpreventable because they just keep appearing.

2. Makeup looks fine in the morning but as the day progresses, it either gets shiny or just disappears. When makeup gets mixed with oils, it blocks pores even more and can cause more painful; more red spots on the skin.
If you have oily skin, you will probably always get some blemishes, and I know for me: I never don't have blemishes to worry about. Even if you don't wear makeup, during those teenage years as people call them, skin will just get oilier, creating more blemishes.

An obvious solution would just be to keep washing your face throughout the day - if you don't wear makeup but, if like me, you have sensitive skin on top of that, then your skin can feel tight and irritated and uncomfortable.

Oil absorbing sheets are a good solution: you can get them from most Boots or Superdrugs. They're basically thin sheets, sometimes soaked in salicylic acid (which can kill bacteria and clear skin). Because they absorb the oil, they will instantly remove the oil and any shininess on the face. These are great for a quick fix in the day and will keep the skin clearer and less oily.

I will be writing some more posts on how to keep the skin clear if you have oily skin.

Lots of Love,
Sophie
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment