Monday 22 September 2014

Clinique Anti-Blemish | Skincare




So I went in to Boots, as one does, in search of a new cleanser, and I was approached by one of those Clinique counter girls in their immaculate white coats. They asked me if I wanted to take a skin quiz and find out what Clinique recommends, and i thought " why not? "

It was really quick, about 2 minutes and basically asked me things like: what's your biggest concern for your skin? (acne blemishes) how often do you get blemishes? how does your skin feel in the morning/after a shower/ throughout the day? etc...

As I said, acne is one of my concerns for my skin, especially those red irritated spots and whiteheads. (I might do a post on the different types of breakouts) And so it only made sense for me to try the anti-blemish solutions. They actually have a 3 step-system but the "questionnaire" said that I don't actually need step 2, the toner/exfoliant. Anyway, enough rambling, this is what I bought on the recommendation of the "questionnaire"
This is the anti-blemish solution cleansing foam. £17.00 I have to say that I wasn't overly impressed with this. In fact, when I first started using this, I swear it made my skin more blemish-y but after about two weeks, my skin started to clear up and haven't had any major breakouts since. This is a nice foam that leaves the skin nice and clean. (this is step 1 in their 3 step system)


This is step 3 for this treatment and so, you're not supposed to put anything on top of this, but after using this and the other products day and night, my skin felt really dry and dehydrated. Under makeup, this takes all excess oil off my face and at night, makes sure that the skin stays clean and bacteria-free at night. This is okay, but I don't know if I'm going to purchase this again.


This is my top favourite from their range, even though, technically this is outside of the "3 step system" that I've not really been following anyway. The lady said that I should take some of this and put it all over my face to treat spots but also to prevent spots. This kind of stings my skin, so maybe just concentrate it on the forehead and nose and not the cheeks. I also use this in the mornings because it sits really well under makeup and does have that weird peeling texture that you get with other spot treatments. With this, I have noticed a definite difference and improvement in my skin and would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for spot treatments or prevention. 

I really want to try more Clinique products and I think their new skin-type questionnaire is genius so I suggest that you all try it. Just casually stroll into a Boots, and see what you end up buying.

Lots of Love,
Sophie
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment