Tuesday 3 February 2015

Current Skincare Routine

We all know that good skin can give a girl all the confidence in the world and recently, my skin has been looking so much better; less acne, less redness and overall just a better texture and I think it's down to these products. My skin is very acne prone and very oily, so if you think that you and me are in the same kind of boat, keep reading:




*I'm not saying that everyone needs to suddenly buy a bunch of skincare just for the sake of it, but i do think that if you're acne prone or have a problem with your skin, a careful routine will help. Entering those dreaded teenage years, efficient skincare is a good idea, especially if you start wearing makeup.*

1. Makeup remover
I actually haven't included these in the pictures because my makeup remover changes a lot. Just because it changes though, does not mean it is okay to just use a makeup wipe. I do, however, know a few people that literally just use a makeup wipe or two at night and they are fine, but like I said, I'm very acne prone, so any thing clogging my pores will definitely break me out. Using an oil based product will help to break down the pigment and eye makeup gently. The one I'm loving now is the Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter.£12

2. Face wash
Next step is face wash and this really depends on what type of skin you have. I have very red, irritated skin but also very sensitive so a creamy, cooling face wash is great. This one is the Body Shop Tea Tree Cool and Creamy wash £5. It has tea tree and witch hazel which balances redness and heals spots. A gel face wash is great for oily skin also but my skin is very sensitive. Creamy, buttery textures are great for dry skin as it won't dry it out.

3. Exfoliate
I know most people skip this step because, it's not a necessity but, it does leave a your skin soft and smooth and, for oily skin, it's just an extra step for making sure the face is clean. I really like the St. Ives exfoliators £4.29, this one is "Blemish fighting" because it has salicylic acid in which fights blemishes.

4. Deep cleanse
I might be starting to sound a bit paranoid now, but I'm going to again stress cleansing using something like and astringent. It basically contains strong ingredients that really go into the skin for a deeper cleanse, this could be unnecessary for some, but for me I find it really helps to remove the final traces of dirt. I use the Clean and Clear deep cleansing lotion £2.97 which contains salicylic acid which helps to reduce blackheads. *try to find one for sensitive skin as it's less stripping and harsh*:)

5. Clarisonic
Recently I purchased the Clarisonic Mia 2 £125 because so many people have gone on about it, and I was really willing to try anything to improve my skin. The clarisonic is basically like a giant electric toothbrush ^_^ which spins and vibrates quickly. There's been a noticeable difference in my skin and people have really noticed. I used to have a lot of whiteheads, like little bumps, on my forehead but the rest of my skin was always clear. Whiteheads are basically excess sebum (oil produced in the pores of the skin) or makeup clogging the pores causing bumps or redness. The Clarisonic has definitely improved these problems for my skin but i still occasionally get an angry red spot here and there but it's good to remember that acne on the forehead can be due to: poor blood circulation, dehydration, too much greasy food, stress, lack of sleep, blocked digestive system.

6. Moisturiser
Last step is to remember to moisturise. Even if you just splash your face with water, moisturiser is always important in the end. And if you don't have problem skin any moisturiser will do, but even if you think you don't need it because you have oily skin- trust me- you do. I love the Imperialis £13.50 from lush because it's a great all round moisturiser that balances combination skin and sinks in quickly to prep before makeup.

I hope this was helpful for some, any questions?

Lots of Love,
Sophie
xxx

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like The Body Shop's range! Great routine.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! it's great skincare at a really affordable price :D

      Delete